Ad Space

Thursday 20 September 2012

Why me?

I created this blog wondering, why me, why this?! I wanted everything on my Facebook page:  www.facebook.com/BajanStyleCrochet (If you haven't seen it, check it out! hehehe) I wanted my blog, photos, sales, everything come through Facebook.  I had this great idea that it would work but what made me finally go on a blog platform was I wanted to expand my reach.  I tried adding people on Facebook, ie., my friends and so on and it wasn't working.  I'm still waiting for confirmation from some people! 
I came to the realization maybe I should just look for people outside of my circle who may actually be interested in what I'm doing.  Forget the people that are not helping me even to do the simplest thing as clicking "like" on a Facebook page or commenting or participating in my seemingly solo conversations because I wasn't getting any feedback really.  That's not to say people weren't reading because maybe they were but I really don't have evidence of that since I can't even see my "Insights" on Facebook because I don't have many likes!  All I needed was 30 likes on my page. That was it and I couldn't even get that! Where is the support?
I shrug sometimes at the sheer pathetic way things have been going.  I tried to figure out where I was going wrong and decided well, I guess I have to do an external blog then.  People seem to have had success with it.  Why can't I?  Or maybe they're fooling me by having something compelling to make me look at their page! lol *shrugs*  Who knows?!
So we go on this journey together of exploring the blog world, hopefully, you can learn from me! (or I learn from you?) Some days my posts maybe short like an update on twitter (follow me on twitter:@Bajan_Style) or longer like an article but who cares! It's my blog and I can do what I want to!
As you will see, I may not be the best writer, the best photographer, the best blogger, the best whatever-else-er but I believe in being me!
I know my estores need work but still visit at: www.bajanstyle.ecrater.com and www.etsy.com/shops/BajanStyleCrochet.  Support my entrepreneurial dream and making it a reality by buying something even if you buy the cheapest thing! lol  I won't hold it against you!
Even if you don't buy anything, that's fine too! Keep following my story and checking for updates.  I will appreciate that!
See ya!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment