Ad Space

Monday 17 September 2012

Smile ... *spotlight*


Why does talking about yourself seem so weird and arrogant?  May just be my perception but I DO NOT like talking about myself.  That's the truth! So I ask myself, "Why are you doing it, Melissa?
I think when you're trying to run a business whether part-time or full-time, you need a human face to the brand and/or product.  Because this is my business and I want to interact with my clients and bring a sense of comfort to this space, the logical thing was to talk about myself. So here goes:
I started crocheting from very young, not sure what age and found the doily patterns intricate but boring.  I stopped for a while because of the boredom and reading patterns confused me with all the stitches to learn and putting those stitches together correctly.  It was only within the last couple years that I thought, why not crochet again.  I liked the joy and peacefulness of crocheting and the feeling of accomplishment when I finished an item.  I didn't want any boring pieces and at that time, I thought of the internet.  There must be some patterns out there that were interesting instead of having to go and buy a book and maybe only like one pattern in it.  That's when I started my search.  I enjoyed finding things I wanted to make and now I realise, I'm addicted to patterns.  I'm also addicted to crochet but sssh! That's our secret!  I started with hats and jewellery branched into clothing.  I do not design my own items yet and I'm not sure if I ever will. Crochet was really a hobby for me and in some ways, it still is.  I am certainly not the fastest crocheter and I don't want to be.  I am still learning and I still make mistakes and unpick work just to get a quality finished product.  There may be something I can do better and the great thing about life, is that it's one big learning experience.
Anyway, that's a little about me and crochet. I thank you for coming along for the ride of this journey, I have embarked on.  By purchasing any items from Bajan Style Crochet, know that you are an important part of its success!

As a side note:  I do not write in American English.  Schooling where I'm from is based on British English.  So please don't correct me on my English unless it's a British English correction.

See ya! :)
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment