Ad Space

Friday 14 December 2012

Maid to Order


Now you would have to know I am making that mistake purposely in my title.  I wanted to explore the idea of made to order items some more.
Made to order doesn't mean that I am a genie and I grant you a bunch of wishes.  It essentially means that I need time to make your item.  Some things take longer than others!  I may even realise that what you want is out of my capabilities and that's fine!  Everyone can't do everything! But I can surely try to!
I wanted to write this post to clear up confusion about the expectations of a made to order item.
Sometimes trying to include people's likes, tastes, styles and desires is a hard a task but I believe that it can be rewarding.  However, the demanding nature of doing something like that can be very exhausting! It can also be rewarding.
It may seem like I'm rambling in this post and you may actually be right.  When I make a made-to-order product, what I try to do is get it right.  Sometimes I may send a picture of my progress at crucial stages to see if it's what you want.  It's difficult to get it right on the money but it does happen.  It can be stressful and even the best of the best have trouble with it but sometimes your mistakes in making the item can also make it even more spectacular.  Some say this is what I asked for and you gave me something slightly different.  Others say this is even better than I asked for.  This is why pictures can be helpful so that the person has an idea of where the vision and idea coming into reality is going. 
Crocheting is even more challenging because of the way "fabric" is made.  Each stitch gets you closer to a pattern and a look.  If you have to unpick or start over, it's a waste of time and materials but you may have just learnt how NOT to do something, which could reduce the number of mistakes in the future. 
It's hard to get things exactly right and it's hard to not be discouraged but the fact is if you love it and you are passionate about it, you wouldn't feel like the maid in the process but the creator of something beautiful!

See ya!

Melissa

Don't forget to check out my information in the sidebar! If you want to be part of my crochet movement, buy something from my E-store! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment