Ad Space

Friday 26 October 2012

Inflation Deflation

Everything has gone up, even my blood pressure at some of the prices of things such as materials.  For me to compete with others in this market, whose materials are cheaper, causes me to have seemingly high prices.  Sometimes I feel so deflated about pricing and the mental anguish I go through each and every time!
We all want to work and get paid, how is it any different for a craft business?  Some persons do not respect the time, labour and effort it takes to create a good product.  They see it and comment as follows:
  • It shouldn't be for this/that price.
  • It's way to expensive!
  • I could do a better job
  • I can do it for cheaper
  • I can get it for cheaper
  • I can buy something from a store for less
Now these are just some of the comments people make.  Whether out loud or mentally, the fact still remains that the person making the craft still wants to be paid for their efforts, work, materials and time.  Of course, I know the mental mathematics I go through when I'm buying something and the snap judgement or long deliberation over an item before I buy or move on to the next product. I get it! However, I believe my items are worth the money even if you do not think so.  If you do, however, believe that they are worth it, I applaud you for contributing to the success of Bajan Style Crochet and keeping the dream alive!

See ya! :)

Melissa

Check out the side bar for additional information! Follow me on Twitter or Facebook! Check out my Estores! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment